1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Could someone please identify this piece of gear

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Noobian, May 30, 2014.

  1. Noobian

    Noobian Member

    Hey.. I took this screenshot of an unknown piece of rack gear at a pro studio and I'm wondering if someone could possibly identify it or even just the manufacturer. It looks like either some type of preamp or DI box, but I'm really not sure. Anyone know or have any idea? Thanks..
    Is it maybe laying sideways??
  2. Kurt Foster

    Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

    blurry pics don't help much. it looks like some kind of a DBX unit. may be a compressor or a stereo n/r box.
  3. paulears

    paulears Well-Known Member

    You don't make it easy, do you?
    bigtree likes this.
  4. DonnyThompson

    DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

    I don't see any pic at all...
  5. audiokid

    audiokid Staff

    Looks like an X to me. I've seen plenty of those in my time. Worst thing to have on you at the shooting range.
  6. Kurt Foster

    Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

    it's an X now but earlier it was a blurry pic of a small DBX box but i was unable to see it well enought to dicern if it was a N/R or a small stereo comp ...
  7. RemyRAD

    RemyRAD Guest

    I know exactly what it is! It is a vocal microphone electronic vacuum chamber. And obviously it's the audible equivalent to a Black Hole. It's used to remove the singer entirely from the recording, while they're actually singing or trying to. It works great! I use them all the time. You should get a few? You can never have too many.

    I recording in a vacuum chamber
    Mx. Remy Ann David
  8. audiokid

    audiokid Staff

  9. paulears

    paulears Well-Known Member

    Some people take the hump so easily!

Share This Page