1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Could someone tell me how much better this would sound?

Discussion in 'Computers / Software' started by Comtose71690, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Comtose71690

Comtose71690 Guest

I have an Acer Aspire x1200 Model AX1200-U1510A I heard that acer computers dont have very good sound cards, and I was thinking of purchasing an E-Mu 1616m PCI soundcard and all that it comes with for my condenser microphone, I heard the E-Mu ones are some of the best Studio Quality soundcards for computers, would it make my vocal recordings THAT much better? I'm trying to set up my own little ameteur studio right now, and this is a problem I'm stuck with right now for recording, could anybody help me out with some information or suggestions? thanks

2. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Onboard soundcard
    vs.
    Prosumer interface

I can't answer this without being sarcastic. I'll try my best.

Imagine you get spam emails about enlarging yourself? You'll see...
    MORE IMPROVEMENT THAN THAT

3. Comtose71690

Comtose71690 Guest

so im guessing its definately worth getting lol am i right when i read your reply it made me geek for a minute lol

4. Codemonkey

The long(er) story:

Onboard soundcards are crap /period/

Interfaces are designed for recording and not just chilling on Skype/games so they actually work properly with less effort.

5. Comtose71690

Comtose71690 Guest

haha alright thanks, i appreciate the replies, could you tell me any decent softwares to record with also, I make instrumentals and beats on fl studio and some other programs but they like to bug up on my computer, havent found a software i could stick with for recording yet

6. Codemonkey

Kristal, free for personal use.
    Reaper, cheap for personal use.
    Audacity, free.

If you get the interface it might/should come with some LE version of real software.

There's a thread somewhere about how to clean up your PC for audio recording, right here.

7. Spase

Spase Active Member

The Emu comes with a software bundle of several of the common recording softwares. Try them out and maybe the others suggested and find which you like. Use that one (or those ones).

I have the 1616M and like its sound quality.

8. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

Is this the unit you are asking about?
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1616MPCI/

Because if it is it seems like a decent interface/card system. This has DSP effects built in to it which lowers CPU usage and it says it allows the use of other VST plugins. Never used any E-Mu stuff but this is not your typical prosumer soundcard.

9. Comtose71690

Comtose71690 Guest

yeah thats the right one, well alright guys thanks for the replies, i think i'll be picking it up sometime soon and let yall know how it works, cant wait to hear the better quality