1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Could someone verify my power amp connection

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair Modifications DIY' started by boxcar, Nov 8, 2010.

  1. boxcar

    boxcar Active Member

    Im unsure of these cables i made for connecting balanced outputs of my mixer(TRS) to my crown power amp in(XLR).

    I wired them this way:
    pin1=trs ground
    pin2=trs tip
    pin3=trs sleeve

    It works but i know from experience that just because something works doesn't always mean it's correct or not risky.
    I googled it but i have a hard time understanding the different TRS to XLR wireing schemes.
    Thanks for reading and any confirmation.
  2. boxcar

    boxcar Active Member

    OK i finally confirmed it on google.It is correct but i said (ground/tip/sleeve) intead of tip/ring/sleeve) so you see why i always have to Double Check my work.lol
  3. TheJackAttack

    TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

    TRS=Tip Ring Sleeve.

    You should go to the Crown website and download the specs and do the same with the mixer. In the US generally Pin 2 is (+)=tip, Pin 3 is(-)=ring and Pin 1=sleeve (common).

    XLR connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  4. boxcar

    boxcar Active Member

    Thanks for that link, i did find it and it's the same, in this case i got it right....plus, i don't smell smoke or see anything melting.lol
  5. Link555

    Link555 Well-Known Member

    That is the standard North American pin out.

Share This Page