1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

crackly/shimmering sound problem

Discussion in 'Recording' started by in_pursuit, May 22, 2011.

1. in_pursuit

in_pursuit Member

May 22, 2011
    I just recently started working on this track and once I had finished the piano section, I added in some drums and a synth to beef it up a bit. It sounds fine in reaper when playing back but once I render it or bounce to disc and upload to soundcloud, the cymbals get this weird shimmering type sound happening which I don't know how to get rid of. I initially used a rhodes organ type sound instead of the keys but it was having the same sound on it as well so I changed it to a piano and now it's not as noticable, but with the drums its quite obvious on the cymbals scratchhead.gif . I played the track in windows media player and I'm getting the same problem! Plugins used are SD2.0, Dimension Pro, Taurus, audication compressor and waves limiter and altiverb on the master. does anyone know what it is/how to fix it?

We Meet Again, Jackhammer by Frogherder on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
  2. Ripeart

Ripeart Active Member

May 13, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Home Page:
    Sample rate conversion issues?
  3. lambchop

lambchop Active Member

Feb 14, 2003
    New Jersey (right outside the Big Apple!)
    Home Page:
    I was going to say the same thing. What sample rate are you rendering your files down to mp3's? You should try rendering at the highest possible (256K?) and see if the problem goes away.