1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Creating a sysex bank from individual files

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Motionfield, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Motionfield

Motionfield Guest

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I'll give it a shot.

I have an Access Virus b and I've been sorting out the best sounds by saving sysex files of the best patches on my harddrive. Now putting them all back in the order I want one by one takes forever. What I want to know is if there is some handy tool where you can load several sysex files to create a bank and then just send the whole thing to the virus with the ForceToBankA/B option?

Thanks for you help.

2. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

SoundDiver
    ?

3. Motionfield

Motionfield Guest

Okay, I've searched for a long time for a trial download but I can't find one. I don't want to buy sounddiver just for this. Do you know where I can find a trial or any other programs that can do this?

4. Motionfield

Motionfield Guest

Heh, it says on the access site I should have an OEM version that came with the virus.. that was long ago. I guess I'll have to find it. Did it come with the Virus B when it came out?

5. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

I think they all did.

That's what had me a little confused with your question.
    You can find something ... I'm sure

6. Motionfield

Motionfield Guest

I don't remember a cd in the virus package. I never used SoundDiver. Well, I could download a bundle version from the Access site luckily.

Anyway, I read through the documentation for SoundDiver Virus and I have trouble doing what I want. I try to open my sysex files in the Library but SoundDiver responds with a "Invalid format" message. I saved the sysex files with MIDIOX but that shouldn't matter? Also SoundDiver takes the sysex and places in a library if I use the File->Import function. Weird. Another annoying thing is that I can't select multiple sysex files in the "Import..." and "Insert File..." dialogs. I'd have to import them one and one in SoundDiver instead, it's not much improvement when I have more 270 sysex files to send to my Virus...

Any other ideas or did I miss some function in SoundDiver Virus?