1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Creating CD text that sticks with the file?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by sensei, Sep 28, 2008.

1. sensei

sensei Guest

How can I add CD text (ex. - Artist, Album, Composer, Title in iTunes) that will stick with the file for an original song?

For example - I write and record a song, export it from Logic, and import it in iTunes, it will show the title text for whatever I saved it as - but how can I add more to it (Artist, Album, etc.) and have that stick with the file when I burn to a CD or someone else imports it into their computer?

Preferably without buying software if possible...
    Thanks

2. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

Do you have an editing program like Wave Lab or Sound Forge? Either one of those will do scripting.

3. sensei

sensei Guest

No I don't. But I'm not familiar with scripting - is it easy to learn? Because I don't have time at this point to learn a scripting language...or is it more automated or something in Wave Lab or Sound Forge?

Thanks

4. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

Not to repeat myself, but here I go repeating myself....;)
    {old-link-removed}

5. sensei

sensei Guest

No that's fine - this post looks great - thanks! But on one of them it says they plan to release a list of applications that can encode the code into the files - has that been released yet? I guess 'll look more.

6. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

In Sound Forge, you simply fill in the various fields you mentioned in a window that opens when you save the file. The metadata is embedded on the wave or mp3 file when saving is complete. It's just that simple. Sound Forge also comes bundled with CD Architect, which is a great Redbook burning application.[/b]