1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

audio Critique This Mix

Discussion in 'Fix This MIX!' started by Sean G, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Here is a collaboration I have been working on with a collegue in the US
    Its a cover of Floyds' Speak To Me / Breathe / On The Run

You may notice a little artistic license with this one, it is only a first draft and as its 1:38am in the morning here Sydney time I have only used cans so not to wake the household up

I would appreciate any feedback / thoughts from members

Attached Files:

2. freightgod

freightgod Active Member

Works great for me. Of course, I'm high as hell right now, mind you, so...:cry:grain of salt :coffee:

Sean G likes this.
  3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

nice , an all time favorite of mine. wow.
    Before I can comment further,(Breathe) the guitars are too loud, burying the vocals which sounds great BTW. (y)

4. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback Freightgod & Chris,
    I shall take your advice onboard Chris.
    hey Freightgod.....'Don't bogart that joint, my friend....."

5. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

I can't claim credit for those great vocals, they go to my partner in this project, Dan, based in Oregon.
    He has a great voice and thats his natural vocals with just some 'verb and some actual vocal double tracking I believe, not a vocal doubling processor, and no pitch correction whatsoever.
    I have been encouraging him to check out RO and extolling the virtues of this great medium (y)(y)(y)

audiokid likes this.
  6. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Breathe mixed again...

Attached Files:

7. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

did someone delete my original post/reply?

8. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

9. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Sorry Donny, my bad...

10. simman

simman Active Member

Nice job on the song...Rhythm Guitars a bit loud or at the very least could use some volume automation and the drums sit a bit far back in the mix.

11. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Talk about a bolt from the blue...

An FM radio DJ from South Australia has picked up on this collaboration I did with Kogwonton and has requested to use it to end his show, and wants to interview me live on air before he plays the track

"I'd like to thank all my fans in South Australia...lol";)

12. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

The mix is pretty good but there seems to be quite a midrange buildup. A 1 octave 10dB cut at 700Hz made it sound better to me. I added a little overall gain to compensate for the eq cut. It's an mp3 of an mp3 so there will be some loss but it should be good enough.

Attached Files:

13. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Thanks @bouldersound ...appreciate you taking the time to make it sound better(y)