1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cubase: Cannot Get Output Device to Active

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by lnsaenz, Jan 10, 2008.

1. lnsaenz

lnsaenz Guest

Setup:

Windows XP Home
    Cubase SX
    MAudio Delta 1010
    Alesis Multi-mix 8 mixer

Problem:

I cannot get Cubase to show my output device as active. It shows my input as active and I can record, but I can get no playback. I have checked Windows device manager and the MAudio card is there and Windows recognizes it as the sound adaptor. But no matter what I seem to do inside Cubase I cannot get it to activate an output device. Wish I could better descrive my situation but I'm rther new to this thing. Thanks!

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

How are you monitoring? That is, what monitors are you using and how do you have them hooked up?

3. lnsaenz

lnsaenz Guest

Hrmmm, I see now I could have been more descriptive. I can hear guitar as I record and I can see the input meters bouncing. But I have no playback audio.

Guitar>pre-amp>mixer>patchbay input 1 & 2>patchbay output 1 & 2>amplifier

4. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

There is a speaker icon in the channel. If the track is record enabled, you will not be able to hear anything from that track. The speaker icon let's you monitor the input channel while you are not recording and in record enabled mode. Have you read the manual regarding this?

5. lnsaenz

lnsaenz Guest

Problem was with my buses being incorrectly setup rather not setup at all.