1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

CUBASE help -- how to get playback and firestudio question

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by lonestar19444, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Hey guys. Id like to let you all know, this forum is very informative, and the people are very smart.

Ok i just purchased the presonus firestudio and I am having a little trouble adapting to cubase (came with the firestudio.) after recording a couple seconds of bass guitar and vocals together, i realized i could not get any playback. how can i set this up? this is most likely a small problem. I have not configured anything yet.

second issue is: How can you record about 8 different tracks at once. Cubase only lets me record two, although in the handbook it shows it recording 8 tracks.

thanks for all your time and patience and support

2. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

at the top of the creen in cubase you'll find a tab that says devices... when you clikck it you'll see at the bottom device set-up... thats where most of your work will be... then above it a bit you'll see VST connections... thats where you set up your routing... good luck...

3. thanks, my sound card shows up only when the firestudio is disabled. but its alright, im going to stick with auditition. ill make sure to send you some samples if you like.