1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cubase LE plug-in info doesn't reflect directory change

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by AKR, Nov 18, 2008.

1. AKR

AKR Active Member

Weird problem. I just installed Cubase LE on my new computer, and I have changed my VST folder in plug-in information. At the top, it reflects the change, but in the list of VST's, A) it doesn't show any VST's except the Cubase factory plug-in's and B) in the VST list, it shows all of the factory VST's located in the wrong folder, even though the folder has been physically moved to another place. When I open an audio insert in an audio track, they will pop up and work, but none of the midi synths in the same folder show up in the plug-in information list or when I go to Devices/VST instruments. Oh, and I have clicked "update" in the plug-in information box.

2. Space

Space Well-Known Member

Have you restarted the software?

3. AKR

AKR Active Member

I swear I had restarted it, but now that my computer has been restarted it, it's showing my separately purchased/downloaded VST's in the correct folder, but the factory VST's are stilling showing up in the other one. That's fine though, just as long as I can place VST's in one of these two folders. Thanks

4. Space

Space Well-Known Member

Restarting the computer would have been the next question anyway ;)