1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cubase LE won't open...help!

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by Newton, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Newton

Newton Guest

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Cubase LE several times. I also re-formatted my hard drive! I still get this error when I try to open up Cubase LE: "Communication with audio card has been lost. Select "Reset Drivers" in options menu or re-start cubase or windows".

Then windows gives an error box saying that Cubase has encountered a problem and must close. Cubase won't even open!
    My Cool Edit 2000 works fine.

I noticed under Device Manager, that there's the dreaded big fat yellow ? next to "multimedia audio controller".

I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling this driver, and it says the wizard cannot find he necessary software, even when I used the M-audio install. CD. Also got the latest driver for the Audiophile 24/96 card from their website.

Anyone know how can I get cubase to open up?

Thank you,
    Paul French
  2. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Jun 26, 2007

The "dreaded big fat yellow" warning is there for a reason. It tells the user that some type of problem or failure exists. In this case I would look towards the soundcard.

Windows detects an issue, Cubase detects an issue and the installation software detects an issue. This is not a good sign if you are the owner of this sound card:(

Take care,