1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cubase not working :/

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by Joshh, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Joshh

Joshh Active Member

im running a real version of cubase se3 on my vista pc. everytime i load it up.. windows shows a window saying the program isn't working.. the dongle is plugged in, help? cheers

2. Space

Space Well-Known Member

Have you read the manual yet?

3. AwedOne

AwedOne Guest

I don't believe SX-3 will run on the Vista OS. They just got it working for Cubase 4.

More info at:

Cubase.net

4. Joshh

Joshh Active Member

i am quite familiar with cubase thanks.

it has been working for the past few months, it's just acting up today

5. Space

Space Well-Known Member

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Cubase_SE_3/Docs_English/Getting_Started.pdf

"A PC with Windows XP installed"

6. Space

Space Well-Known Member

Do you think that "help?" or "it has been working for the past few months, it's just acting up today" offer enough insight into your concern for anyone short of a mind reader to help you.

Maybe a short mind reader can help you, hopefully, one will meander along :)

7. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

What exactly is the error that pops up?

8. Joshh

Joshh Active Member

it just displays

MICROSOFT WINDOWS

Cubase Se3 isn't working properly

-> close the program

9. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Have you tried an uninstall and reinstall? Have you installed any plugins lately? A valid version of Cubase will crash if you have a cracked version of a plugin. Yes, I'm speaking from past experience but currently my software is all legit.

10. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

"Yes, I'm speaking from past experience but currently my software is all legit."

Can I just point out, after getting rid of certain cracked crap (format and reinstall none of it) my PC runs better.
    Cracks are a pain in the neck and while free software is still a pain in the neck it won't try and steal your credit card details.

11. Joshh

Joshh Active Member

only plugins i have bought are installed on the program

12. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Still, have you tried uninstalling any recently installed plugs?

13. Joshh

Joshh Active Member

i shall have a go now, ill get back to you, thanks