1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cubase / Nuendo

Discussion in 'Nuendo' started by tripnek, Mar 15, 2005.

1. tripnek

tripnek Active Member

I've heard that Cubase is the same as Nuendo without the Video features. Is this true? If not, what other differences are there?

Also, What is the difference between Cubase SX3 and Cubase SL3?

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

That's pretty much true. Nuendo also has networking capabilities and more connectivity for external devices.

It's all on their site.

3. tripnek

tripnek Active Member

I found the website to be lacking in details and no comparisons. Anyone else used both?

4. I think I read a previous post on this exact topic but...

Nuendo can run at 192Khz, and Cubase SX cannot I believe. As David mentioned there is some built in "Network Access" functionality and "File Access" configuration that Nuendo has that Cubase is lacking. Nuendo seems more geared toward Broadcast/TV market and Cubase is more geared toward Audio/MIDI.

I have had a chance to use both and think Nuendo is a bit heavy of an application, yet is still faster that Native ProTools, Cubase SX is my choice for now. I still have PTLe just because it came w/ a stupid M-Box I bought.

The other day I saw someone messing around on Sonar 5 and that looked mean, and i does 192Khz w/ out the high price tag that Nuendo has.

Just a thought,

M.

5. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

There isn't the big difference there used to be. I thnk the big differences are that Nuendo has better controller support, 9-pin device support, networking and has the dolby and DTS plug options.

6. tripnek

tripnek Active Member

Anyone know the difference between the SX and SL versions?

7. David French

Now I KNOW that's on the website...

Cubase Feature Comparison

8. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

T R A C K S H E E T S ! ! !

Why the heck can't I print out track sheets in Cubase? I would think that in any professional type recording software that would be one of the minimum requirements.

You can do it in Nuendo though.

9. David French

pr0gr4m, that's weird... The Cubase lists 'track sheet' when describing the project menu, but when you open the project men, it's not there (SX 2.0). Odd.