1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cubase QUESTION.........

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by smoove, Sep 20, 2005.

1. smoove

smoove Guest

USing cubase how can u record multiple tracks simutaneously........
    I want to record about 4 to 5 things at the same time but on different tracks for mixing purposes.........with an instrument like the akai mpc2000 there is outboard gear that seperates each track used.......i wanna record at the same time but on different tracks........how do i accomplish this with cubase.....anyone please enlighten me.......

2. thinkpad

thinkpad Guest

Using a sound card with asio drivers with as many analog inputs as you need.

3. smoove

smoove Guest

can u go into a little more detail.........

4. kidvybes

kidvybes Guest

...you simply need an computer audio interface with multiple inputs...any of the M-Audio or other brand computer audio interfaces will offer multiple inputs which can be simultaneously recorded onto the Cubase software...mic pres, line inputs, midi inputs, etc...

5. smoove

smoove Guest

This is my hookup........i have the onyx 1640 with the firewire...using cubase......... i have the fantom and the mpc running into the onyx...........wat exactly do i need to do to record simutaneously but on separate tracks into cubase....

6. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

Here Here!

or is it

Hear hear!?

Here's a hint...open up your VST Connections and look at the mixer inputs.

If you have a legal version of cubase, your best cubase resource is forum.cubase.net.