1. Welcome to RECORDING ORG! Recording, mixing and mastering REAL MUSICIANS through use of microphones and electronic recording equipment.
  2. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

DAW Cubase Recording Input problems

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by WonderWhale, Sep 5, 2010.

1. WonderWhale

WonderWhale Guest

I recently set up Cubase 5.1 on my laptop and I plugged in a USB mixboard that is working properly, however I can not get cubase to receive a signal from it. I've exhausted all the option in my device setup menu, and I don't know what the problem is. Any help or tips?
  2. apstrong

apstrong Active Member

Best to ask the Cubase people in the cubase forum: Cubase.net .:::. Index

If it's registered software, they'll be happy to help, and that's where all the cubase experts hang out (no offense to local cubase experts).
  3. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Cubase 5.1? Cubase VST 5.1? That is old software. If you bought it, I doubt there is an upgrade path to Cubase 5. If it is the current version of Cubase, there is a hotfix here. However the fix requires a registered legal copy. At any rate, if it IS cracked software, you got what you paid for.
  4. thatjeffguy

thatjeffguy Active Member

Vashon Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Input & output busses must be set up in the "VST Connections" submenu under "Devices".