1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cubase SE: I can record my song but the mp3 leaves out drums

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by joeyblong, Aug 30, 2005.

1. joeyblong

joeyblong Guest

Does anybody know why this could be occuring, or what I can do to prevent it.

You input would be greatly appreciated.

Did I make a mistake in switching from Cakewalk to Cubase?

2. joeyblong

joeyblong Guest

CUBASE SE: I should clarify.

I can record my song and hear the drums perfectly. But when I convert the .cpr file into an .mp3, I can no longer hear the drums.

Thanks, people.

3. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

I don't have SE but I've got SX 2 so it may be similar...

First, how are you converting the .cpr to an .mp3?

If you are using the audio export feature, make sure that all your tracks are routed to your main stereo outputs and that you are exporting using those stereo outputs.

4. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

And don't get too fond of exporting mp3's. I think you only get a few free ones with the SE version.

5. joeyblong

joeyblong Guest

Thank you, Reggie. But ...

... how to I route the tracks to the main stereo outputs and export them using those stereo outputs?

When I click on the mono icon, and it changes to the yellow stereo icon (in the track list), I get a message in red to the left in the event display panel telling me there is a "mono/stereo conflict", or something to that effect. So, how do I change it to stereo?

Please advise.

And you guys provide a wonderful and much-needed service to all the aspiring music stars out here. A million thanks.