1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cubase SX Mixdown Question

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by XevKai, Dec 9, 2005.

1. XevKai

XevKai Guest

Hails all,

Im still elarning Cubase SX now that I got a decent computer. But I am trying to mix down a quick demo, for the hell of it I tried to mix it down higher than 16bit.... Which works great on the computer. But when I burn it to a CDR it comes out all fuzz in my CD player.... Can anyone explain why this is?
  2. MilesAway

MilesAway Guest

CD-Audio is 16-bit, 44.1. If you're feeding it 20-24bit audio, it'll come out as clips (although i'm kinda suprised your burning software let you burn a CD-A at higher than 16-bit).
  3. Calgary

Calgary Active Member

Nov 25, 2005
    32 bit .wav files generally don't play normally in players like Winamp, etc. They clip like crazy. You can't burn them to an audio CD, audio CDs are 16 bit at 44.1 kHz. Always mix down to 16 bit/44.1 kHz for audio CDs. :cool:
  4. XevKai

XevKai Guest

Thanks guys, I should have known that. But im trying to learn too much too quick haha (I've read two books on recording in the past month). So, It looks like it's time to slow it down and pay attention. Thanks again, you'lll see me quite regularly on the forum

Thanks again!