1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cubase SX3 Recording 101

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by scottrutherford, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Hi everybody,

My problem is pretty specific and I tried a few cubase forums with no luck. Hopefully someone here can help.

First of all here’s what I got:
    Cubase SX3
    EMU 1820M Sound Card
    Windows XP
    1.2 Athlon
    1G RAM

I need help recording 2 or more audio tracks (more specifically 2 or more microphones) at the same time, so that they are each recorded on separate tracks.

I CAN record 1 track easily.

I CAN record on 2 or more tracks at once (by Ctrl clicking multiple tracks), but all of the tracks record the same thing (Mic/LineA).

So I'm just guessing, but I think I need to know how to assign my inputs(mics) to the tracks.

In case you are not familiar with the EMU 1820M, the inputs are:
    (mono, phantom)

by default Mic/LineA records to every track
  2. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Active Member

Mar 26, 2005
    I will point you to the manual because I don't want to type it out. Just search on inputs and it will be right there.
  3. Thanks for the response.

I have the manual, maybe I'm just slow but I can't figure it out. Can you tell me the Chapter or Page where this can be found?

4. frob

frob Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2004
    click on the mixer window and assigne it(the channel) the proper input. its priety easy. also you have enabled all your inputs and outputs in the conections pannel havent you?