1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

cubase

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by explosionsinthesky, Oct 6, 2006.

1. is cubase considered more of a mixer or preamp, and if a pre amp, do you do the mixing within the program or does it require an internal mixer

2. external mixer*

3. WOWOWOWOW mkay, I MEANT the FIREPOD and running the firepod into cubase

~*IM A WRECKLOL*~

4. CombatWombat

CombatWombat Active Member

5. CombatWombat

CombatWombat Active Member

Ok, that makes a little more sense. The firepod is an interface with 8 preamps. If you're planning on mixing in the box with Cubase, you have little to no need for an external mixer.

6. ahhh thanks man. thats what i figured but wasnt sure is cubase good for mixing?

7. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

just recently upgraded to C4 and yes it's good for mixing...lol

8. It's got a nice mixer view (you can use up to 3 mixer views in SX and it looks/feels better than most other daws I've seen) and is easy to use, fx processing/eqing is easy, the only thing lacking a bit is busing/grouping channels, it's doable but not as flexible as some other daws.

I use SX3, will probably upgrade to CUbase 4 when they've had a couple of revisions (I never get in any new software until they've had a couple of bugfix patches at least)