1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cuebase LE input question

Discussion in 'Recording' started by sturoc, Nov 30, 2008.

1. sturoc

sturoc Active Member

I have been getting familiar with the cubase software w/ LE . In the past Have always recorded in stereo tracks per instrument i.e Keybd left+right, guitar L+R. In order to keep the nice spatial spread when using f/x.
    I noticed when I record trk 1 (Audio 00) on the scrnshot that it is in stereo . But when I go to the next track to record it is only in mono. How can I change the setting to stereo input in each Cuebase track?

The screenshot shows 2 thin lines in trk audio00
    trk audio01 shows one thin line
    Hence stereo for the first trk , mono for second trk -
    sorry thin lines are without audio for speed of getting this problem online

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lmw9ey

2. cathode_ray

cathode_ray Active Member

My LE (that's been some time ago) defaulted to 1 or 2 stereo tracks and the rest mono. I believe you can add/create new tracks and specify mono/stereo. My LE was limited to track count so you may have to delete some existiong tranck. Stereo will really eat 'em up!

3. pizzaslap

pizzaslap Guest

Re:

I use Cakewalk LE w/ Firepod. Perhaps this is too simple an answer, but I toggle stereo \ mono by expanding the track size vertically to see all the controls on the left. Then, click the button with a circle in it - once you do that it turns into two circles and the track becomes stereo. I haven't been able to toggle a track that already has audio in it. Maybe your problem is more complicated, however. If this is still a problem for you (post is a week old), give me more detail and I can probably help.

4. sturoc

sturoc Active Member

Thanks , I had reloaded Cueb LE the other day due to an OS reinstall and all is good. Tracks have the above mentioned circle button which I can now select for stereo /mono on any track. There must have been a saved preference setting or something along those lines that defaulted trks to mono.
    All is good thanks to your help.