1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Curse UX2!!!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by abefroman35, Jul 15, 2008.

1. abefroman35

abefroman35 Guest

So I found an old keyboard that I used to have, and I noticed it had Midi on it. This was a blessing from above, since I was in a dilemma for recording drums and other midi instruments with Reaper (which is actually a very good production freeware, I'm glad I was told to download it). So I found a Midi cable laying around and I was ready to go hook it up to my MIDI INPUT ON MY AMAZING LINE 6 UX2 INTERFACE. O! But to my surprise there is no EFFING Midi input on the UX2. How fu ing stupid is that? And the keyboard does not have a audio output, so I can't even use the drums on the keyboard. This is so stupid. So I am writing this to you in regards to NEVER PURCHASE LINE 6 TONE PORT, only the DL-4 delay pedal, which is the ONLY decent product Line 6 has, and I've heard the VerbZilla is pretty good, but it looks cheap and like it would break as soon as I play one show with it.

If anybody has any other suggestions for tracking drums, since I do not have any way to hook a midi controller to my comp, I would be forever grateful?

Abe

2. mhutch

mhutch Guest

I used to make loops in FLStudio, render them as .wav, import them to Acid and arrange them there, adding fills and whatnot. It was a long and painful process, but at the time I didn't have any other great ideas and it worked.

3. abefroman35

abefroman35 Guest

thanks man - i actually had just downloaded the FLStudio demo and noticed that I could export the files, so I think am going to try that