1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

DA-88 TO PC HD

Discussion in 'Recording' started by downsouth300, Dec 26, 2001.

1. downsouth300

downsouth300 Guest

I have a DA-88 with a broken transport.
    My question...

Can I use a PCI-822 TDIF,and my computer HD to capture my tracks instead of the tape?. What software would I need.

I just want to use the DA/AD converters in the DA-88 and capture up to 8 tracks at a time to HD
    Advice please
    Jeff

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can use the DA88 as a converter to go directly into your computer. Any software will do..Cubase, Nuendo, Cakewalk, Cool Edit Pro, Logic, Samplitude or Sonic Foundry.
    Opus

3. downsouth300

downsouth300 Guest

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!
    Just what I wanted to hear. The new transport was going to cost me $1400 initially, but Tascam offers a rebate with a hassle attached.

The Tascam TDIF card is $270 at B&H...a significant savings over the new transport. If this setup works it will be an alternative to a new DA-88 transport AND, for beginners in DAW, a way to learn before spending big bucks on a complete DAW setup.

Thanks again,
    Jeff

4. Aaron-Carey

Aaron-Carey Active Member

Be SURE to check out Soundscape's Mixtreme PCI card. It has two TDIF ports for 16 I/O on one card. Soundscape is the BEST tech support yo could imagine. I use a mixtreme for just your exact purpose and it works great.