1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

da/ad convertion: digi oo2r or oldschool hd?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by ivanbambam, Sep 21, 2005.

1. ivanbambam

ivanbambam Guest

i'm currently building my recording rig. the ability to upgrade in the future is crucial. everything is cool except for one thing: the digital section.

i was contemplating getting the digi 002r thinking that i could use an apogee converter or something of the sort.
    aparently the 002's optical i/o only go up to 48khz. so i say to myself "what?!"

is my only option TDM|HD?

i dont record 96 often but i know i will start using it soon(for projects already lined up). i guess i'm curious about the differences between converting through the 002 @ 96k and converting through the apogee at 48k.

i checked out motu and the 896hd can do four channels @ 192/17?'s.

i like protools. i gave motu/dp a try (for two consecutive years) and went back to PT. i know there's probably other interfaces that will allow me to convert hi rez through an outboard AD/DA.

any info would be awesome.

-after thought.....maybe an "older" style of TDM might be more financialy available? what does an oldschool hd system consist of? will it do 96k?