1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

DAW Mixer Controller with 64-bit drivers?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jokerace, Nov 18, 2005.

1. jokerace

jokerace Guest

Can anyone tell me what DAW Mixer Controllers have 64-bit drivers? I am trying to choose a Firewire mixer but I can't figure out which of them support 64 bit XP.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
  2. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Woodbridge, Va
    Home Page:
    Maybe this will help: http://www.m-audio.com. This is the one (the Project Mix I/O controller) that I've been checking out too.
  3. jokerace

jokerace Guest

Actually I should have given an idea of price range. I looked at the PM I/O and it looks great but out of my range. I was thinking about the Edirol UA-101 and combining that with a Behringer BCF-2000. Again though I'm back up to @ $650 for this combo. The Edirol FA-66 would really take care of my needs but they aren't producing 64 bit drivers for it yet. I've looked at the M-Audio FW 410 but it lacks some of the sound quality features that the edirol line has such as balanced inputs.

I guess you can see my price range is low (as low as possible). I would be happy with a FW or USB 2.0 solution or even PCI with a break out box. I now think I'll end up getting the BCF-2000 for control since I cannot find a complete package that is under $1000. It is very important in my mind to have 64-bit drivers since every PC being made is now 64-bit and that is what it will be attached to.

I am determined to make a decision today. I've spent sooo much time going over and over the same stuff.