1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

DDA S-Series Console Info Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by jwnc, Apr 26, 2005.

1. jwnc

jwnc Active Member

Hi,
    I have a friend with a DDA S-Series Console about 10-12 years old and its in mint condition. I was wondering if anyone has heard this board or had any experience with it. How are the pres, eqs, etc on it. He is thinking about selling it and I was wondering if it was a good buy.

What would be a fair price for it in mint condition.

Thanks
    Jason

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

It's a great board that was used mostly by mid level pro studios. It has it's quarks like any board but is way above average and quite capable of give pro results.

3. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

I believe that this board has been used for mostly live sound applications although you will find them in mid-range studios.

The DDA that I worked on (AMR 24) was quite nice and pretty much stayed out of the way during mixdown.

I've never heard anyone totally hate these boards and if you can get it for a nice price, it'll give more options in your studio. Plus, you'll have a nice place to put your keyboards. (joke)

Chris

4. jwnc

jwnc Active Member

Thanks for the info guys.. I was really interested in the pres/eqs to obviously give more analog flavor to my Digital recordings.

What do you think a good price would be if the board was in near mint condition?

Thanks
    Jason

5. AudioGaff

They went for about $45K new. Depending on condition, configuration, spares and odd parts you can expect to pay between $6K-$15K

6. jwnc

jwnc Active Member

AudioGaff: Hey are you serious?? wow.. just to make sure this one is 24 channels, 4 bus and 2 master faders.

I can probably get it for like 1000.00 or so.. maybe I should jump on it! hehe

Jason

7. AudioGaff

I never seen or known a 4-bus version though since it is modular I guess it could be configured that way. All the ones I've seen have either 16 to 24 channel bus + 24 input channels. Post a picture, let's look at it.