1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Decoding video into audio without a microphone

Discussion in 'Recording' started by audiokid, Jan 1, 2015.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Digital Audio, Spectra Editing, Object Based Editing, Normalization... Watch this to the end.

http://www.ted.com/talks/michael_rubinstein_see_invisible_motion_hear_silent_sounds_cool_creepy_we_can_t_decide

2. pan60

pan60 Active Member

very cool!

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

isn't this amazing! Starting at 7:25, it really starts getting interesting. It shows how advanced we are getting in spectral audio. To be able to take a video of something and extract the audio out of the video simply through the vibration being detected is astonishing.

It won't be long before we can forensic edit or use spectral colour to trigger everything beyond our dreams. As a mixing engineer, this is really exciting. wow.

4. pan60

pan60 Active Member

From this it would seem spectral analyzing would indeed lead to a total new type of mic design?
    Capture a high quality image and spectrally analyze for total accuracy in sound reproduction?
    Kinda get my blood pumping.
    A camera that records audio,, visually.

bigtree likes this.
  5. TimDolbear

TimDolbear Active Member

Oh wow! So when AI and computers take over they will be able to see and hear us with simple visual input. Super cool yet so disturbing...

bigtree likes this.
  6. pan60

pan60 Active Member

And AI will take over, we will be subdued or become.
    (y)

7. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

yeaaaa! love computers!

8. audiokid

audiokid Staff

imagine what the world will be like in another decade or two. I'm excited and terrified.

9. pan60

pan60 Active Member

As fast as the last couple has changed the world I think I'm just terrified!
    :LOL:

10. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

makes me happy i'm old and gonna die pretty soon ...... lol.

11. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

I would think that at some point, ( probably already) someone would think about attaching this to surveillance, or a lie detector...

12. Makzimia

Makzimia Active Member

I have already seen it alluded to in the series Scorpion I think. It's amazing what tech can be made to do :).

13. ric3xrt

ric3xrt Active Member

in the some of the conspiracy circles this has been going on since 06ish......... Just think in 30 years people will look back on us and wonder how we lived with out it......you know like teenagers ask today about" how did you leave the house with out A Cell phone"