1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Delta 44 or 66. Which to consider?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Sound Diagnosis, Sep 18, 2003.

1. I am looking to upgrade my recording setup and finally get a decent soundcard. (currently using Turtle Beach Santa Cruz...my Achilles heel) I have heard good things about the Delta line. My question is this. The Delta 44 and 66 are essentially identical except for the fact that the 66 has that digital I/O thing. I am not too familiar with this technology, but I DO know that my Kurzweil K2600X synth/workstation has a port in the back for usage of this technology. Is this something I may want to use in the future, and should pay the extra 70 bucks for this feature? Thanks dudes! ---Lee

2. BobS

BobS Guest

Lee,
    I have a Delta 66/Omnistudio that I interface (digitally and analog) with everything in my studio and I can tell you it's an excellent card that works smoothly. The software drivers are stable, they just pack alot of functions so it might take a little getting used to. I would absolutely get the 66 over the 44 because, trust me, in the near future you will need/want the spdif digital I/O and you will wish you had gotten it.

You might want to go to http://m-audio.com and check their whole product line, I think they have some new stuff out too.

Bob S.

3. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

If your Kurz has SPDIF (digital I/O), its definitely something you would want to take advantage of. It would allow you to record your kurz into your computer in a lossless manner. I have a Delta66/Omni as well. Its great for project studios and has served me well.

And it'll future-proof you a little. Seems that everything is sporting at least one SPDIF I/O nowadays.

king mitz

4. Thanks guys for the excellent advice. Most appreciated!! ---Lee