1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Diary of a audio newsgroup Rec.Audo.Pro

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by RandomGuest, Dec 28, 2001.

1. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

OK, I admit I have a slight internet problem! (Ahem!)
    :)
    Therefore - as my New Years resolution I am limiting myself to the following; Rec.Audo.Pro, ProSoundWeb, Music Player forums (Anderton, Dave Frangioni, Studio Biz) and Digidesign User Group

-just twice a week.

:D

But I will get by with a little help from my friends!

:w:

2. miketholen

miketholen Guest

so what will you do with those 6 hours that were previously taken up?
    I don't believe you. period.
    have you thought about treatment?
    maybe the Mayo Clinic has a program suited towards your seemingly sloth-like behavior.
    have you been drinking too much water?
    eating too much fried Cod?
    hhhmmmph... I dunno dood. just take a deep breath and hold it in as long as you can.
    only exhale when you see "the stars". very cool effect. try it. lot's of fun...or you can get a faster...

3. DanKennedy

DanKennedy Guest

Skip the Mayo, bring on the Leinenkugels.
    Or Guinness, Bass, what-have-you...

Remember, the forums are social groups and
    considered acceptable in some situations.

By the way, modern solid state equipment rulz.

Just upriver of Rochester,

Dan Kennedy

4. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Get cable,
    and a cable modem. ;)

(56k sounds like bliss, try living ina 24k world)

5. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Day er.. whatever, going quite well. Shaking hasn't stopped, went out to place with people dancing, (made mental note to wear trendyest clothes I posess and shave before future outings). Went to EQ Forums & Digidesign's sites so I have broken my rules already! - BUT THOSE WERE EMERGENCYS!

6. Todd Farone

Todd Farone Guest

56 K is like chewable vitamins... Harmless... Next!

7. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

56k??? Oh man, I feel for ya! :(

8. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Originally posted by Julian Standen:

Went to EQ Forums & Digidesign's sites so I have broken my rules already! - BUT THOSE WERE EMERGENCYS!

yeah ... an emergency
    and we believe you
    ;)

56K still sounds like bliss.

9. BevvyB

BevvyB Guest

I am sorting Julian out with a cable modem. This is so he can spend less time finding what he's really looking for due to the high speed connection. (yeah right)
    He is under strict instructions to 'make an effort' and 'get his finger out' so that he may 'go out' and 'interact' with other humans without the aid of a keyboard.
    We already have a minituarised placebo keyboard for him to take in his pocket on journeys to the 'outside' lest he be suddenly needed in conversation - hopefully with the added comfort of being able to reach into his coat pocket and fondle this placebo he may actually be able to complete a few sylables and thus 'have a chat' with someone.
    There may be some teething problems, noticable in these forums by the occasional mention of 'real' events as opposed to virtual or knob twiddling happenings, in the form of certain words and phrases, most noticeably 'gigs', 'deafness', 'ladies', 'night bus' and 'new band'.
    I will keep you informed of his progress through these difficult months. You could help by occasionally posting replies to him such as 'I tried that - it worked', and 'No, I'm quite happy at 16 bit' or even 'I've decided to leave the industry and actually make some music - goodbye'. Although harsh, he may finally be able to live a 'dual' lifestyle incorporating both real world events and virtual ones. And by 'dual' I don't mean the new G4 processor.
    Wish him luck.
    His friend
    Bev

10. Irene

Irene Guest

Jules
    You're gonna need all the help you can get in the coming months-(so am I!!) Digidesign developments afoot -OSX like a siren on the rocks- and will Apogee get the frosty treatment.??..(the signs are hung in the balance on that one)....it's all soooooo tempting. And that's just starters.
    I'm not trying torment you or anything..
    Actually maybe you should spend time with people who don't even know about places like this...

:D

Renie

11. Mike Simmons

Mike Simmons Active Member

Home Page:
    Just get the cable modem... it's gonna be a long, cold winter...

12. adam_w1

adam_w1 Guest

Hmm..you definately need a cable modem, Jules. As well as enhancing your addictive persuits, you can send and receive HUGE files to and from your clients/etc in a matter of minutes.

So in fact it's GOOD FOR YOUR BUSINESS !

(..and yes I am evil :) )

13. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Originally posted by BevvyB:
    I am sorting Julian out with a cable modem.

I will keep you informed of his progress through these difficult months.

Cable Modem!!! Lucky Julian.

We all hope that Julian can come to terms with his habbit and he has our full support.

14. Originally posted by Julian Standen:
    (made mental note to wear trendyest clothes I posess and shave before future outings

You mean to say that stubble is no longer chic?

15. Originally posted by BevvyB:
    I am sorting Julian out with a cable modem.
    Bev

I'm willing to give up 10% of my 2001 royalties to get Jules on cable ..... :D

16. td

td Guest

Jules,
    You might want to consider an "ation" or two to help combat your problem ...... namely procrastination and/or rationalization, y'know it is winter so you could easily put off your reso's until spring or even summer, which are truly the months where socialization kicks in to high gear. The winter is for solace & internetrospection!
    Good Luck on your journey!
    Tony

17. FX

FX Active Member

Yo Jules,

The solution is to move your phone line to the bathroom. That way, when you are on the crapper normally twiddling your thumbs or thumbing thru old Playboy mags you can now go online. The time would normally be 'dead time' so would not count and just imagine if you got constipated!! Wahey!!!!! :D

18. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

I already check my email when on public transport (getting around London by car is often futile) or while ejoying an espresso in a cafe (via my Palm & Cel phone)

I DO take my laptop into the bathroom sometimes, but just to listen to my Stones & Beach Boys MP3's while taking a shower!

I decided Teusdays & thursdays would be my "catch up time" with all the other newsgroups...(I check email and here - Recording Org several times each day)

Phew! Taken me a WHILE (4 hours just drifted past :) I may have to allocate 3 to Teusday and 3 to Thursday!

Phew! I picked a good time to stay away from the Digidesign site! (I often play David to their Goliath..) They are madder than hornets about some leaked documents on the new generation system coming out soon! IT WASN'T ME!

Still working this out, I AM making progress. my Email has crashed so I am checking RAP via Google, it looks quite nice!

Thanks!

Jules