1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digi 001 and Pod Pro

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Scooterjay, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Scooterjay

Scooterjay Guest

I'm trying to nail a guitar sound. A sort of 1980's jcm 800 type thing. Some good examples would be bands like Zeke or The Dwarves even Turbonegro (if you can dig those albums up). Anyway, I can't seem to even come close to what I'm after. Do I need more than the Pod Pro, the Digi 001 and the Joe Meek compression plugin? Do I need to purchase some more hardware? I live in an apartment with close neighbors so micing my half stack is out of the question. Some advice or examples would be a big help. Thanks - Jay

2. craig yates

craig yates Guest

Hi guy, not really. I have the very same setup and usually go for that sound. i run mine on the brit hi-gain straight into the 001 and love the sound. you might want to duplicate your track again, maybe use the joe meek meequalizer plugin, if you have it. There are a couple of presets in there that i sometimes use(#1 and#2). By the way, my 5150 has been setting in the corner of my studio collecting dust(so to speak) ever since i bought my pro modeler. Let me know if this helps at all.

3. Scooterjay

Scooterjay Guest

Hey Craig, I do have the Meequalizer. It's a big help. The Brit Hi Gain is a little too metal sounding for me. I did run it as you advised. but it seems like my high end is too abrasive and my low end is muffled. I just got a book that talks about reamping and compressing with master tracks. I'm going to run some more tests. We'll see what happens. Thanks - Jay

4. Scooterjay

Scooterjay Guest

Craig. I have to take that last response back. I just fiddled with the Brit Hi a little more.
    Good sound!!! Thanks again - Jay

5. craig yates

craig yates Guest

glad to help. I usually run the brit hi-gain dry, put the meek#1 panned about 10 o'clock, on the other channel panned about 2 and use the #2 e.q. preset. I don't know if you heard my mixes or not, you can check them out here.

My Tunes