1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digi 001, Macs and Built in Audio out

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ednaroma, Nov 19, 2001.

1. ednaroma

ednaroma Guest

Now here's a question I would love an answer to:

I own a Mac G4/533, and have my Digi 001 connected. Because of this, I have a lead running from the audio out of the G4 to the digi 001, which ten routes to my speakers - this means that if I want to hear system sounds etc I just press the monitor mode button and it comes through my speakers. BUT - it only comes through my left speaker which means it is mono. HOwever, if I were to connect the lead direct from the G4 to the speakers it would be stereo...

Any ideas? I have the lead going into both the L and R ports on one of the digi 001 channels so it has me stumped...

2. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2000
    What are you using to split the signal into L/R? Be specific.
  3. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the monitor button only worked for inputs 3 and 4?
  4. ednaroma

ednaroma Guest

yes you are right opus, I have the stereo RCA plugs going from 3 and 4 to my monitors.

to answer the query on what sort of leads - I use stereo RCA leads between my G4 and chans 3 and 4 on digi, and same deal between digi and monitors. I obviously use adapters on the ends of RCA leads, but they are stereo as well.