1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digi 002 desks faders and logic

Discussion in 'Logic' started by fishkarma, Mar 3, 2007.

1. fishkarma

fishkarma Guest

Hi there hows it going
    Recently i bought a copy of logic just to see how good it was and i like it!!
    i use a 002 desk with pro tools and was wondering if i can use the desk as a logic control surface? surely i can as you can buy faders for logic but how would i go about setting all this up? the only thing i can see being a problem is that the 002 dosnt pretend to be anyting other than a pro tools control

so any advice?

Cheers
    -Josh

2. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

Digidesign didn't share their fader protocal withe world, as far as I know only PTLE can communicate with the 002 faders.

8)

3. fishkarma

fishkarma Guest

crap thats a pain!!! any one know of someone smart that cracked it?? theres always someone that has the knowhow and gets frustrated enough to crack them or is just an enthusiast to working on theese kind of things

4. gdoubleyou

Most controolers use MIDI to communicate, the OO2 uses something else.

Google it there may be something out there.

8)

5. fishkarma

fishkarma Guest

yeah just googled it a load couldnt find anything though if any one hears anything please post it as soon as possible!!!

6. gdoubleyou

Looks like they listened to customers with the new 003, it has a Mackie control mode, that can talk to the rest of the world.

8)

7. fishkarma

fishkarma Guest

thats no good to me damn it!
    just kidding at least they did that but it would be nice if they released the fader protocol for previous models *cough*002*cough*
    come on avid