Digi 002 Rack question... have hardware but no software!!

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by cedar, May 7, 2005.

1. cedar

cedar Guest

There is a used gear/ pawn store in my town who has a Digi 002 rack for $500. The problem is that he has nothing else with it. Is it worth picking up? I know that the hardware won't obvioulsy work without pro tools, but can the software be purchased seperately? Will it work? The store will guarantee the rack "no questions asked" for 30 days.Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

unless you have a copy of pro tools with the serial number and the ilok, its pretty much useless. i'd check on ebay and see if anyone has the software and essentials.

3. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

You should be able to get a copy of ProTools.

I'll installed many a ProTools and I don't see the 002 as being any different.
    The Ilok is for the Plugs. Some plugs will run without.

Older operating systems like OS9 may not need much in the way of Ilok anyway.

Find someone that has been running ProTools for while and I'm sure they can help.

4. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

like i said check out ebay, there probably isn't that many people willing to let you use their software.

5. tundrkys

tundrkys Guest

$500 without software??

why would you pawn your Digi002 Rack without the software?? Why would the PawnShop pick it up without the software??

I'd work them down, if they gave more than $100 for the thing without Software, they gave too much, and you shouldn't make the same mistake. If they won't work with you, let it sit there a couple of weeks while you look for the availability of the other things you'll need. Hell get the serial Number, then go to digi's website, and see if you can download the Software.

6. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

i don't think digi will do that unless you have it registered to your name.

7. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

You can download drivers from Digidesign that will allow you to use the 002 with the DAW of your choice.

8)

8. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

:shock:

If you stole it you might pawn it without the software :wink:

9. McCheese

McCheese Well-Known Member

To buy a used digidesign product and get the software, you need a transfer of ownership form to be filled out. You can get them from the digi website, but I don't know how it works with a pawn shop.

10. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

Yeah i'd try to use it with another software, the 002r will work with other software.