1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digi 002 with Acer Laptops

Discussion in 'Recording' started by cialz, May 8, 2005.

1. cialz

cialz Guest

Hi to all,
    I'm using for about 1 month an Mbox with my Acer Aspire 1692.

Unfortunately my chiset is unsupported by Mbox. Don't worry, a friend rent me the sound card, I don't have bought it.

My question is if also you know if Digi002 or Digi002 rack give problems with this laptop?
    I like very much pro tools and the mbox sound.
    On my desktop I use a Creamware Luna, and it seems tha Mbox sounds better.

It is a bit limitated because doesn't have MIDI ports and only two outputs and inputs ports.

best regards
  2. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    it depends on your laptop, does it have 6-pin firewire?

3. cialz

cialz Guest

No, a 4 pin one.
    Why? The difference isn't the 2 cables that deliver the power?

4. tengu

tengu Guest

I used a 002 with my 4 pin laptop for a while and noticed drops. The laptop would sometimes lose the 002 alltogether and I would have to unplug and plug in again.

My laptop is a 1.6 centrino with a gig of ram and more than adequate for making music.

I got a RME multiface with PCMCIA card and have never looked back. Consequently I sold the 002.

This is from someone that was extremely reluctant to give up Pro Tools but I am glad I have.

Apparently 4 pin plugs don't carry the power from the laptop like a 6 pin plug do. This is where you may encounter problems.