1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digi 003..when?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by stickers, Oct 14, 2005.

1. stickers

stickers Active Member

So when do you guys think digidesign will release a replacement for the 002?

2. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

...on the 12th

OF NEVER!

What do you expect of an 003? The 002 offers plenty of capabilities and even a coulple different hardware options. What would you want in a new offering?

3. stickers

stickers Active Member

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the 002 but i just figured they'd eventually upgrade it just like they did with the mbox.

4. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

I know that. I was genuinely interested in what sort of new features you would want to see in the 003.

5. stickers

stickers Active Member

hmm...

no on board mic pres. one rack space. i dont know.

6. baslotto

baslotto Active Member

I hope it's not gonna be any time soon because I just got my new 002... :D and I love it. It definetly helps the processing power too, I can load a lot more plugins than the Mbox (1).

Bas.

7. poprocks

poprocks Guest

How does the 002 help your processor?

8. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

You need some good recording technique first. Then it will not matter what box to use.

9. mikesilence

mikesilence Member

Already there...

M-Audio Projectmix I/O
    http://aes.harmony-central.com/119AES/Content/M-Audio/PR/ProjectMix-IO.html

Greetz,

Mike ;-)

10. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

Yeah, well....
    You can build a house with a hammer and a handsaw if you have good carpentry technique; but you will be limited in the complexity of what you can build, it will take longer, and the limited technology will probably be frustrating at times.
    :p

11. Dave62

Dave62 Guest

The 003R should have a smux input/output so that one could track 16 tracks at 88.2/96hz. And a bnc word clock in/out. Input meters, more midi outs/ins. And all for the same money. Well, one can dream... [/list]

12. UncleBob58

UncleBob58 Active Member

Who cares about new hardware? When will they expand PT LE to 64 tracks and 32 subs (or better)?

13. iznogood

iznogood Member

the day i crack their app... :lol: