1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digi 003 With UA 710 Twin-Finity OR Mbox 2 Pro with With UA 710 Twin-Finity

Discussion in 'Recording' started by samcharles, Dec 2, 2011.

1. samcharles

samcharles Active Member

Hi
    I am a newbie looking for an answer to the following question.
    1.Which one will be good to go with the superb/ excellent sound quality?
    Digi 003 With Universal Audio 710 Twin-Finity OR
    Mbox 2 Pro with With UA 710 Twin-Finity
    I already own a Mbox 2 Pro and looking for Digi 003 to upgrade. Mostly i would be recording one input per time, at the maximim only 2 inputs.
    I have heard people saying that Mbox 2 pro does not has a good preamp so people suggested 710 twinfinity.
    2. Is there any performance/sound quality difference between Mbox 2 Pro and Digi 003?
    3. I am looking to buy Digi 003? Is there any reason do i need to upgrade from Mbox 2 Pro to Digi 003 speaking in terms of quality. By any means i would be using the 710 twinfinity.
    Some people claim that 003 comes with the "Black Lion Audio" which is a good sound quality. If i need to hook up the 710 preamp with my Mbox 2 pro will i attain a better sound quality. Or else i should go with the 003 and then connect with 710 Preamp?
    Can you please help me?

2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Don't post the same question in multiple forums. Go look at your other post for the correct answers.