1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

digidesign DB25 wiring. help please?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by garynameischanged, Dec 21, 2005.

1. garynameischanged

garynameischanged Active Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Orange County, Ca.
    I really need to find a schematic that explains wiring a db25 to xlr, I cant quite figure it out and theres no "standard" that relates the db25 to microphone connections, I'm having a hard time understanding the concept for the most part because there are 25 pins, how is this possible when a db25 digisnake terminates to 8 xlr? is one pin just not connected?

also, if anyone happens to know how this wiring is done, just let me know, for example, pin 1 ground, pin 2 positive, pin 3 negative, & repeat- as well as wich pin is left unconnected and I can figure it out from there.

I don't want to wire up my own db25 breakout cable to find out that input 1 is showing up as input 8 in protools, or the worse, ive swapped ground with positive or something. I would also like to know how db25 to trs/grounded tip ring sleeve works.

Help please, any info or tips highly appreciated.
  2. FifthCircle

FifthCircle Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Home Page:
    I'm 99% certain that Digi uses the Tascam pinouts on their HD interfaces. I don't remember the pinout off the top of my head, but it should be easy enough to find out there on the internet...

3. johnwy

johnwy Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Smithtown, NY
    Home Page:
    If you send me an email I will send you the pinouts