1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digital Audio on a Laptop

Discussion in 'Recording' started by John Stafford, Feb 8, 2005.

1. John Stafford

John Stafford Well-Known Member

After a lot of searching through the Internet, I'm very surprised by the small number of digital i/o options that I can use with a laptop. All I can think of is the Digiface, or one of the Digigram cards (but I like to work with 96k).

Is there a device that will allow multiple inputs through AES/EBU or coaxial?

I have an Apogee Mini-me, which is fine most of the time, but I need more inputs from time-to-time, and I'm considering the new Benchmark ADC when it becomes available.

Many Thanks!

John Stafford

2. John Stafford

I should have said that I want to be able to use the Benchmark and Mini-me at the same time.

Thanks!
    John

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Digiface, Fireface then an format converter.

nope not to many options for laptop in the quality realm.

Scott

4. John Stafford

Thank you Scott.
    It's good to know that I haven't overlooked any major option; I tend to discover a better option the day after I commit my cash!

John

5. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

E-MU just announced their first laptop products at NAMM i n LA. http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM05/Content/E-mu/PR/1616M-1616-Cardbus.html

6. John Stafford

AudioGaff
    I appreciate the info. It never occurred to me to look up the new stuff at NAMM.

Many thanks
    John