1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digital Performer 4.5 is out

Discussion in 'Digital Performer' started by maintiger, Oct 8, 2004.

1. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

http://www.motu.com/products/software/dp/features/

Sounds great, I ordered it already! :D

2. wafuradio

wafuradio Guest

maintiger:
    did your DP4.5 arrive yet? how is it working? any problems or weird stuff to know about?

thanks,
    lisa

3. maintiger

Lisa-

Motu is way backed up with orders and I don't have mine yet... I ordered 10/13 and its already11/2. When I get it I will post my impressions

4. MrPhil

MrPhil Guest

Do you have any info on which OS DP will work in?

Is it OSX only, or is there a version that can work in 8 or 9?

Just saw that there are NO demo versions of their programs for MAC....?

/Phil

5. maintiger

It is OSX only- 3.2 i believe is still available for OS9 in the motu website

6. MrPhil

MrPhil Guest

I looked their site over, and couldn't even find a demo version of anything for mac.

I'm only after a decent sequenser for a power mac standing in the studio useless at the time.
    The ultimate thing would be the old Atari program Creator/notator adapted for mac, but I guess I have no such luck.... :cry:

7. maintiger

here is the link for ordering DP3

https://secure.motu.com/store.html

Actually if you just want the midi you probably should call them at 617-576-2760 as you should probably get performer, not digiatl performer. performer is the original midi version and is cheaper- ( I think it also gives you like 8 audio tracks or so, vs unlimited in DP)

8. maintiger

Also, sometimes you can find DP 2.7 on ebay like for under $100- That is a great version if you mostly want midi 9and can do audio as well)

9. MrPhil

MrPhil Guest

Thanks for the tip!

I'll have to look for it here in Sweden tho.

10. maintiger

won't they ship to Sweden?

11. MrPhil

MrPhil Guest

I'm sure they would, but I would like to see and test the program before buying, as there are no demo-versions on the site.
    And as I am a PC guy, I need to ask some questions about versions and OS and such.