1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digital Performer 4.5 vs Pro Tools

Discussion in 'Digital Performer' started by bleached04, Apr 3, 2005.

1. bleached04

bleached04 Guest

Any thoughts? I happen be a very big supporter of Digital Performer. I dont understand why the hype about Pro Tools. Any other DP users in the house?

2. miks

miks Guest

what question are you asking? Both the programs have the positives and negatives which have been discussed here to death. Do you want to change to PT?

3. Fatam

Fatam Guest

I hate pro tools :evil: Any one that makes you use there hardware and just there hardware is a buch of wankers.

Just go for tape.....

4. miks

miks Guest

well at least it makes the program fully compatible and stable.

5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

They are two different animals to me, DP is more of a composition tool with great recording features, PT is more of a Recording tool.

The midi in PT is bare bones, it would be hard for me to write a song with it because lacks the depth and variety of midi editors found in DP.

The audio editing in DP, is as good as PT. I also like the audio file management better in DP.

If you are comparing it to PTLE, DP does Surround, OMF import, export. Higher track count, and with it's support for mutiple MOTU interfaces it can grow with you business.

8)

6. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

I've been using DP since '92 and I love it- well, I don't know anything else. I've consider logic a few times (because I've been dabbling in Final cut pro) but when I think that I have to shell out 1K I reconsider as I'd rather get a new mic or pre...

7. maintiger

the other half on the question: I haven't even considered pro tools as the only way it would be better than DP would be if I got the tdm - and that is bucubucs- as far as PT native, DP is way better anyway-

8. fontane

fontane Guest

i chose performer 4.52 over pro tools le in a heart beat... much more flexible composing tool... not limited to certain hardware features ie digi002... midi slacks in pt le

dp 4.52 is deep and since i am also interested in music for video, i have seen the dp is the choice for this industry...

9. maintiger

or logic but logic's twice the price of DP...

10. fontane

fontane Guest

i have always questioned this... is logic really $1k or is the bundle worth $1k?

who really relies on the bundled software anyways? would logic be the same price as dp without all those vstis?