1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digital Performer 7.2 crashing

Discussion in 'Digital Performer' started by kmetal, Jun 24, 2011.

1. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    I've been using DP 7.2, on a mac g5. when i do the sequence of 'undo' then 'rewind' using the number pads' "7", the program crashes. we've gone back to 7.0, and that has helped, but i a avoid using this sequence, out of fear of losing another four hours work.
    Our keypad button assignment is not stock, and a buddy suggested maybe it is a 'hot key'. I'm brand new to DP. Not sure what OS we're using, i'll have to check next time i get down to the studio. Any thoughts?

2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Mac's are pretty stable so perhaps it is the hotkey assignment. If you change the hotkey to something else does it work? I guess I should say, if you change the hotkey to something other than one DP already has assigned within it's own program.

3. David Henderson

David Henderson Active Member

This is not a solution to the crashing, but DP 7.2 does have an autosave function that will hit the Save button automatically at specified intervals. Mine saves every two minutes. (You can lose a lot in two minutes, never mind four hours.)