1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Digital performer Users Group

Discussion in 'Digital Performer' started by maintiger, Jan 2, 2004.

1. maintiger

maintiger Distinguished Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Whittier, California, USA
    Home Page:
    We are setting up a Digital Performer users group in Southern California- We are getting ready to have our first meeting later on the month at a local studio- We are looking for experienced DP'ers to get together to discuss the parameters of the group and what we wish to acomplish-
    If you are interested, please e-mail me at
    thank you
  2. Screws

Screws Active Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Home Page:
    I'm sorry to not live in your area, because I'd love to be a part of your group. I've been a MOTU user since 1987, and if I could see one thing as most valuable in a user's group, it would be to have a healthy dialog with MOTU so they would listen to suggestions from the end users. This would require your group to have a large enough membership to give it some clout.

Good Luck.
  3. henryrobinett

henryrobinett Active Member

Jan 30, 2002
    I wish I were in So Cal but I'm not. I've been a MOTU user since 1985 - 1.22 and Pro Composer. I think MOTU does listen to their customers. They just don't particularly respond, except through people like Magic Dave and Danny Gold. I think it's tough having a company with programmers and try not to get them confused with cross orders and chasing their tail. I'm on a beta team for an audio product (3 actually) and I can see the difficulties inherent in the system.

I don't always agree with MOTU and their policies but I think they're a hell of a great company and make very good products.