1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

direct connection from a head alternative to micing cab

Discussion in 'Recording' started by starmusicdigital, Jun 26, 2005.

1. i have a band comming in, i was wondering if any body knew how i could just connect an amp head direct to the house then to a track on the computer... my main delema: if i connect it from the output on the amp.. will the signal be too high or amperage to high that it will blow out my board?

2. voidar

voidar Guest

Yes, both the amp and the board would risk destruction if you were to hook them up via the speaker out.

A DI that can tap the speaker output would do. I think b*hringer has a cheap one. The amp would still need a load though.

Without filtering this would sound kind of bad for overdriven sounds though.
  3. killersoundz

killersoundz Guest

All guitar heads have either a headphone or line out. If you use that then you're not getting the 100 watts of juice from the output so you wont fry anything.
  4. Boltino

Boltino Guest

Yeah, I don't think that's true.

MAXIMILIAN Active Member

Apr 10, 2005
  6. jonnyc

jonnyc Guest

A lot of newer combos and heads have the Line out my marshall does but almost all the old ones I've seen don't. If he has a line out or DI out as my marshall calls it then that should work without frying your board.