1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Do you have one near you?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Blutone, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Blutone

Blutone Guest

Yesterday I went to a Sam Ash music store to pick up a mic. I went with a SM57 in mind. But, when I got there, I was slammed to the ground with the amount of mics I had to choose from. They had a rig set up with about 10-15 different mics just wait for someone to ts-ts-test them out. They had(from what I remember) some AKG's, Samson's, Shure's and quite a few others.

After ts-ts-testing them out, I decided to go with the Samson Q-mic. The reason being that I'll be using this mic for inst. & vox. Now, I didn't take the time to mic any instruments(Not that I couldn't have. The staff was extremely accommodating) mainly because I didn't feel the need to. Now, anyone who's done anything vox will know that there are few things on this planet meaner than a mic processing nothing but the resonance of your own vocal cords. That said, the Q-mic blew me away. The sound was absolutely brilliant. Clarity and affordability, what more could you ask for?

What?! I didn't mention the affordability part? As if the sound weren't sweet enough, I stole this $199 mic for $89 smackaroos(only $10 more than the SM57). :D