1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by sali, Apr 7, 2007.

1. sali

sali Guest

Where do you recommend for recording TOP Quality Vocals in or outside LONDON.

I would like a real warm analogy sound and I want to use Nuemann tube 47 Mike. Do you kneo any where that has stuff and engineers in this league of quality that doesnt cost more that £50 per hour.

PLEEEAAASE let me know of your experiences.

2. MadMax

MadMax Distinguished Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Sunny & warm NC
    Home Page:
    Abby Road?

Not sure... but, I think they're qualified.
  3. Fast2gg

Fast2gg Guest

just guessing but i think they are a little out of his pricerange
  4. MadMax

MadMax Distinguished Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Sunny & warm NC
    Home Page:
    I thought I saw where either Studio 3 or the Penthouse was something like £50 per hour... That was about 3 or 4 months ago... but at least it's worth checking out.
  5. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    There aren't any good studios in London or anywhere else in England fore that matter. Those British don't know anything about making recordings. I mean, like, who would ever record the Beatles with just a 4 track machine? DUH........

oh???? really???

that's all they had back then?????

6. sali

sali Guest

How about europe then????????????/

Abbey road is like 1500 pounds a day plus the engineer. Goerg Martins studio too.

I Found one called The WAY for 65 pound an hour.

But surely there's something in Germany that's cheaper??? Let me know.

Incidently Remy its the Abbey Road prices that got me thinking I should buy my own stuff.
  7. Boswell

Boswell Distinguished Moderator Resource Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Home Page:
    Is it just vocals you want to record? Is this tracking vocals on to already recorded instrumental tracks or is it some sort of VO work?

Different studios have their own specialties. As far as cost goes, you might get better facilities for your money outside London, since the rates tend to be higher in London itself.

This link has a list of links to studios - try going through it for ones that have a U47 or any other gear you feel you have to have:

Alternatively, try renting a U47 and arrange to take it to a convenient studio that otherwise wouldn't have one.
  8. jonnyc

jonnyc Guest

Re: How about europe then????????????/

Head over to gearslutz.com and post this over there. There are tons of Euro's over there with studios, and very nice ones at that.