Do you use a cracked software?

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by BluepryntEnt, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluepryntEnt

BluepryntEnt Guest

i've seen people on here bashing people because there suspected of having cracked software, lol...have you used it???
    i have to admit i have...and whats the problem with it???..works the same as the original, dont bash me, lol...answer the question.
    cracked software: NUENDO......sorry

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

What a totally ignorant question. Your poll has been removed.

Didn't anyone teach you right from wrong? How does any business function and grow forward without support? Would you like people to never pay you for your hard work? If you can't afford it, should we steal it because we can? Why do I want to network with someone that would steal from me?

The people that make up the core of this website, are people whom have invested their lives in this business. We are in this business and respect intellectual property, plain and simple. We embrace people we can trust and who don't steal, plain and simple rules in life.

3. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

It's a matter of principle here. I will admit I used a pirated waves bundle, but I quickly realized it was pretty much useless for me, since I could barely use it to anything of it's capacity. I would think some people would feel the same. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to find people on this forum who have had some hand in developing some of the software used here. And lastly, I use Cubase LE and Reaper, both of which are free, and offer very good if not close to professional results (When used right, just so I avoid some flames). So the question comes down to, if you could kill someone just because you can, would you do it?

4. BluepryntEnt

BluepryntEnt Guest

sorry, its not an ignorant question, just like any other question i wanted to know, and believe me the "core" of this site dont say alot of things and are quick to bash for someone wanting to know simple things that concern noone else!!..so i asked this question, with all this music and hardware floating around this site noone had the ball to ask this!!
    surly noone will admit it, lol..thats why i asked and trust that 90 percent of the newbies, and intermediate producers use cracked software, propably some advanced producers.

i ask what noone else will...dont bash me for it, lol

5. fourone3

fourone3 Active Member

I agree.

And your poll question is completely misleading.

Most people would take free equipment (assuming they actually have use for the gear). However, any right-minded person would not take STOLEN gear if it were free.

What if someone asked you to do the work you do for free? Unless you're inherently wealthy, I doubt you'd be able to afford to do such. Don't subject others to that.

6. fourone3

fourone3 Active Member

I agree with the other comments, not yours, BluepryntEnt about pirating software.

7. BluepryntEnt

BluepryntEnt Guest

the thing is i dont crack the software, lol
    i dont own a torrent site or crack server

all my equipment i bought 1000's of dollars in equipment
    whats getting me is how you immediatley assume that alot of you newbie producers use cracked software! like since they are newbs they cant start with a good setup...you dont know, but u still bash
    the question is
    "do you use cracked software?"
    no bashing needed, lol...i understand about morals

good discussion

8. fourone3

fourone3 Active Member

What's getting me is that you've now changed your answer. Your first post you mentioned you use Nuendo illegally. Now you're saying all of your equipment is bought and paid?

You also asked what the problem is with using cracked software. If you didn't want to get bashed, don't admit you steal.

I have not changed the fact of the discussion. Your post included a poll about getting Mackie gear for free instead of paying for such. That's why I responded in the manner I did.

I'm not bashing, I'm simply disagreeing with you and if you read between the lines I'm answering your question.

If you haven't figured it out, the answer is no.

9. BluepryntEnt

BluepryntEnt Guest

"What's getting me is that you've now changed your answer. Your first post you mentioned you use Nuendo illegally. Now you're saying all of your equipment is bought and paid?"

like i ment ...hardware/not the same as software

10. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Recording.org is built around truth, honesty and principles. If we need to test something, use the demo. I believe, most of us will find a way to buy what we need. Cracked software is for the less fortunate, or for the people that think getting something free is cool.

I treat my computer like my mind. I don't hang out with thieves, share their ways on how to get things for free or promote them in anyway.

I removed your poll because recording.org content it being indexed by search engines daily. By us simply leaving your poll, and this topic going actually, creates a link to the outside world. It is flagging the door open to others who are looking for information on how to get cracked music software. One thing leads to another. We clean out the trash around here so the pirate rats don't attract their circle of friends and stink up our community. I will leave this topic up for a day to prove the power of this thread.

Your question is a valid one, however, you are not going to use RO to learn about loosing.

This is why we hammer down on spam and topics like this.

11. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I did a search with this topic.

Do you use a cracked software?

Google it

MIDI

It leads to no good.

12. pmolsonmus

pmolsonmus Well-Known Member

WTF???

Of course if its JUST software its not stealing :-? I really didn't steal your novel or the CD you created and spent months of your life working on, I just copied it and returned it to Barnes and Noble. No harm, no foul... The original is still there.

I certainly hope you aren't paid an hourly salary by your employer, cause the original is still there. He/She hasn't removed anything from you physically, its just your time (i.e. not hardware)

You're a moron - grow up, get a clue or go away.

13. FlyBass

FlyBass Active Member

I find the attitude that stealing software isn't the same as stealing hardware unnerving. It's the same attitude as says downloading music or movies without paying for them is okay.

Stealing is stealing.

There are plenty of free or shareware programs out there, don't embarrass our community by taking money from the developers that allow us to create music using their revolutionary tools.

We love what we do, whether professionally or as hobbyists, and freeloaders who don't understand the difference between inappropriate and appropriate behavior have no business being here with the hard working men and women of these forums.

My opinion.

14. audiokid

audiokid Staff

recording.org used to have one of the largest, if not the largest Pro Audio DIY forum on the planet called Tech Talk. It started from nothing and within 4 years is was massive. It was very interesting and extremely helpful until it became full of thousands of members that didn't want to pay for anything they could steal. They would openly discuss how to copy products and how to sell them under the table. They used RO to market their network on backwards engineering. It was an extremely ugly and aggressive crowd.

I deleted the entire forum one day and never looked back. They tried to crash RO, harvest all our website and did everything they could to ruin this website. They didn't win. Recording.org is a much happier place and the members here are respectful. Its been that way ever since.

15. BluepryntEnt

BluepryntEnt Guest

like i said i understand the morals, lol
    bashing isnt called for, simple yes or no question

i ask what noone will...period!!
    and i am paid hourly-dont have to work because of it, lol this forum is the only part time gig ive had, lol
    so im doin well, ........you?????

so just answer the question

16. natural

natural Active Member

Oh, I have to hear this answer.
    Hardware and software are different commodities to you because why?

Hardware needs to be researched and tested. Same as software.
    Hardware needs to be packaged, manuals written, etc. Same as software.
    Hardware needs tech support, service people, advertising, etc. Same as software.

Some how you think that it's different. But to everyone else it's exactly the same.
    Maybe you think that hardware is different because each unit has to be physically made.
    Parts are relatively inexpensive and that cost is built into the price. That's why software is much cheaper. You only need to pay a little bit for software, but you can't even bring yourself to do that.

If you would have bought your software like you did your hardware, you would be investing in a company that makes the tools for you to work with. Without your support, the rest of us have to pay more and we would really prefer to not have to take up the slack for people like you.
    Please don't make us bring up the welfare analogy.
    Make an honest living, don't be a slacker.
    We call it being honest, and it's the right thing to do.

17. natural

natural Active Member

- You don't understand the morals. If you did you wouldn't be using cracked software.

- People who do illegal activities lose their rights to have their questions answered.

18. fourone3

fourone3 Active Member

Really? That's your rationale? I tell you what. Walk into your favorite pro audio store (preferably where you've spent thousands of dollars on your equipment), walk over to the software, pick it up and walk out the door.

After all, it's only software, right?

Have you really not gotten the answer yet?

19. Robak

Robak Active Member

Everyone answered no, haven't you noticed that? Noone is bashing you for asking questions here, people are bashing you for using cracked software and not being ashamed of it.

20. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

Time to kill it, its getting painful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.