1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

does a cd burner on a pc make a difference in sound quality?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by corndog_tenn, Mar 8, 2005.

1. corndog_tenn

corndog_tenn Guest

does a cd burner make a difference in sound or is it the software. ive got nero burning rom that came with my burner. its a 52x24x52x speed. i dont know the brand off hand but it was about 90/100$ i think. i didnt know if there were any "pro" burners out there that makes a difference? thanks a bunch! :D

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Neither burner nor software should make a meaningful difference in sound.

3. mjatas

mjatas Guest

Re: does a cd burner on a pc make a difference in sound qual

all software and CD/DVD burners burn at the same quality just make sure to set your burner speed to the lowest 1, 2 or 4 speed is good. The lowest speed is better quality and also do not use your computer when burning an audio CD/DVD disc don't even touch your mouse, it might effect the burning process.

4. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

Re: does a cd burner on a pc make a difference in sound qual

I beg to differ, but this is seriously wrong. There are good burners, bad burners and exceptional burners.

Of course for me, there is only one - The Plextor PlexWriter Premium.

There's a tiny little bit more info (and warnings about what can happen with cheapo burners) here...

(Dead Link Removed)

Granted, a difference in the sound probably isn't going to happen. A difference in the error rate (which is paramount, IMHO) is another story.

5. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Thanks John. I was going to mention this stuff, but I didn't think it was called for here.

6. o2x

o2x Active Member

Yes yes yes yes.

Some writers are just not up to the job.

Choice of media is also important. I tend to use HHB.