1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

does anyone in here remember this?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by RandomGuest, Aug 25, 2003.

1. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001

yikes! heheh
  2. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Oh yeah....I used to work for a studio in '89-'90 that was going to be the "first" all digital studio...they had those JVC 2 track digital recorders that used a 3/4" machine and an a/d d/a converter that you used a black and white television to visually align the the 3/4" head/drum with. And they were looking at the opus at the time. yamaha was talking to them and I saw some prototypes for what became the 02r. Those were some days.
    It is possible and deadly to be too ahead of the curve.
  3. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001

look at the capricorn....one of the nicest digital desks I ever worked on....I swear I could get a mix done in half the time if not faster than a analog and it sounded pretty cool too..

Not to say that the only probelm with it was that it came out a little early (neve's support is what really killed it) but there sure as hell wasnt much out there in terms of competition at the time.

I would pick one up in a hearbeat if I knew servicing wouldnt be an issue :)