1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

does anyone know how to use an sd card?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by progressivebryan, Sep 21, 2007.

1. i bought a zoom mrs8 and it came with an SD card, and when i try to put it on the computer the files will come up but theres six seperate files for one song, and it's totally not even working

any help would greatly be appreciated.
  2. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Fredericksburg, VA
    What are the names of the files?

I'm willing to bet there's one file per track and they need to be put into a DAW to edit.
  3. ya they say like rythm and trck 1 and 2 and stuff, what is a DAW, and is it readily accessible?

thanks for the help.
  4. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Distinguished Member

Feb 9, 2005
    South Florida
    Home Page:
    Did you go to the manufacturers website? Did you read the manual? A quick trip to the ZOOM site and i found this:

So, do you have the card manager software installed? If not, do that. Access the data on the card via it and you'll more than likely be able to get a handle on things.

A DAW is a Digital Audio Workstation and it's basically a computer with recording software. If you don't have any recording software, then all you should really need to do is mix down out of the ZOOM into your computer.

Good Luck