1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Does Anyone Use Creamware?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by broken_halo, Dec 25, 2007.

1. broken_halo

broken_halo Guest

I thought I would just put up the question if anyone has used / owns creamware gear. I see many people making purchases based on hype/marketing which might not suit their needs , and just wanted to see why people are getting the gear they have.

I've been recording for some years now , mainly learning everything as I go.I have always had an issue with my latency and delay coming from my system and wanted something that would alleviate that.When I looked into the option of pro-tools which I guess is still somewhat of an industry standard it just didn't seem like it was worth my money and what I was looking for. I was then presented with creamware as a possible solution.What first sold me on it was that there was close to zero latency (4.3 milli seconds) and this was while I ran effects through the card and back through my monitoring system.

I purchased a Scope creamware project card , which has 6 d.s.p's on it (I could have went with the studio card which had 14 d.s.p's but Im not made of money) and I have not been happier with its performance. It took a while to figure out how to use the routing window and configurations but it saves my computers resources for my d.a.w which is what I really need my computer for.Since then , I have upgraded to a creamware ad/da converter which works seamlessly with my scope card allowing 16 independent ins/outs which is amazing for doing live work.I record at a sampling rate of 96 khz . Il do my live stuff at 48.8 or even 44.1 depending on the situation

Lol , I know it might seem like a sales pitch , but I in no way have anything to do with the company , I just really enjoyed their product and would like to share that information with all that are looking to upgrade and/or start purchasing gear.The quality of the effects is amazing and the zero latency makes it a million times (actually 4.3 million times) easier for me work alone in the studio.

If anyone else is using a creamware setup , post your likes or dis-likes about it.

Cheers
    Neil
    The Little Studio

2. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

wow is creamware still around?

3. jmedigital

jmedigital Active Member

Yep, they are called soniccore now though. Scope Version 5 is coming out very soon and apparently new hardware is following.
    http://www.sonic-core.net/de/home/index.html

I like it for the routing capabilities and mixing and the 0ms latency. A lot of people seem to like the synths.
    One of the most amazing products I have ever come across.