1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Does this exist???

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by robchittum, Nov 17, 2003.

1. robchittum

robchittum Guest

I am looking for a simple switching device that can take the signal from my sound card and allow me to switch between sources for output, including being able to output to a couple of different devices at the same time. Everything I am finding has multiple inputs to one output. Using a simple Y adapter will kill the output level and sound quality. I need to switch from main monitor output to headphone distribution and also be able to do both. Any ideas. Radio Shack has nothing and a search on google turned up nothing as well. Thanks.

Rob

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

The Samson C-Control may have the features you need. Look Here

Or mabe the Furman SRM-80A Here.

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Rob,
    I don't know if they still make it but radio Shack / Realistic used to make a passive thing called the "Tape Control Center", a small box with seven bat handled switches. I use one of these things when I need to split the outs of my Nakamichi stereo pre between my Hafflers and powered monitors (like th MSP 5s or MSP 10s) when I evaluate them for reviews ... This way I can compair the powered monitors to my NS10s and my Tannoy System DMT 12s ...

It works pretty good and I can drive multiple pairs through it no problem .

4. tripnek

tripnek Active Member

Great routing capabilities here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2574300454&category=23785

5. robchittum

robchittum Guest

Thanks for the ideas folks.

Rob